Vundle is short for Vim bundle and is a Vim plugin manager.
It allows you to…
- keep track of and configure your plugins right in the
~/.vimrc(a file to customise Vim)
- install configured plugins (a.k.a. scripts/bundle)
- update configured plugins
- search by name all available Vim scripts
- clean unused plugins up
- run the above actions in a single keypress with interactive mode
To get started, follow this guide.
Some useful plugins to get you started are :
- nerdtree – File tree explorer
- syntastic or ale – Syntax checker / linter
- tagbar – Displays tags in a window
- ctrlp – Fuzzy file, buffer, mru, tag, etc finder
- gitgutter – Shows a git diff in the gutter (sign column)
- fugitive – Git wrapper
- delimitMate – Insert mode auto-completion for quotes, parens, brackets, etc
- tcomment – Comment lines whatever the language
- and tons more!