- Spring Boot makes it easy to create stand-alone, production-grade Spring based Applications that you can “just run”.
- Provide a radically faster and widely accessible getting started experience for all Spring development.
- Be opinionated out of the box, but get out of the way quickly as requirements start to diverge from the defaults.
- No requirement for XML configuration.
- Spring framework has been around for over a decade (de facto standard framework for developing java applications)
- Spring was light weight in terms of component code but heavy weight in terms of configuration
- Anytime spent on writing configuration is time spent not writing application logic.
- Project dependency is a thankless job.
- Working with traditional spring configuration is much like ordering a pizza and explicitly specifying all of the toppings.
- Reduce boilerplate coding (if 80% of projects use this, why not automate it?)
This article needs improvement. You can help improve this article. You can also write similar articles and help the community.