title: HTML Editors
HTML editor is a program for editing
HTML markup language. HTML editors can be created and modified HTML document.
However, for leraning HTML we recomended simple text editor like Notepad (Windows PC) or TextEdit (Mac).
- Simple text editor is good way to learn HTML for beginners.
- There are two main varieties of HTML editors: textual and WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editors.
Basic text editor is source code editors, include additional tools specifically geared toward handling code.
HTML editors that support What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) paradigm provide a user interface similar to a word processor for creating HTML documents, alternative to manual coding for editing HTML documents.
Write HTML using Notepad or TextEdit
follow the below four steps to create your first web page with Notepad or TextEdit.
Step 1: Open Notepad (Windows PC)
Windows 8 or later:
- Open the Start Screen (the window symbol at the bottom left on your screen).
Windows 7 or earlier:
- Open Start > Programs > Accessories > Notepad
Step 1: Open TextEdit (Mac)
- Open Finder > Applications > TextEdit
- Also change some preferences to get the application to save files correctly.
In Preferences > Format > choose “Plain Text”
- Then under “Open and Save”, check the box that says “Display HTML files as HTML code instead of formatted text”.
- Then open a new document to place the code.
Step 2: Write Some HTML
Write or copy some HTML into Notepad.
<html> <body> <h1>My First Heading</h1> <p>My first paragraph.</p> </body> </html>
Step 3: Save the HTML Page
- Save the file on your computer. Select File > Save as in the Notepad menu.
- Name the file “index.html” and set the encoding to UTF-8
(which is the preferred encoding for HTML files).
You can use either .htm or .html as file extension. There is no difference, it is up
Step 4: View the HTML Page in Your Browser
Open the saved HTML file in your favorite browser (double click on the file, or right-click – and choose “Open with”).